F Smith & Son are committed to providing a Quality, Reliable and Personal service to all of our clients moving to Europe.
By employing experienced personnel in the art of
European Removals we have been
refining our removal techniques through training and the use of modern equipment, enabling us to meet our high standards set.
F Smith & Son has been trading for over 75 years giving us the wealth of knowledge that is required for a successful and professional
removals company. We offer a 1st class service to all of our clients moving to the continent.
Through being a part of the British Association of Removers (BAR) and Federation of European Movers Association (FEDEMAC), we work with a vast network of over 4000 professional moving companies, providing resources to us when executing our
Similarly with local / National UK removals, we are able to offer a range of services to complement our
European removal service. These start with the supply of a wide variety of packing materials should you wish to pack up your own goods.
Alternatively we offer a well priced professional packing service where our team or our agents will come to your property to prepare your goods for removal. This can be a full or part packing service and is usually carried out the day before your moving day.
We are even able to offer an unpacking service if you just don’t have the time to do this yourself. Our team will make you feel right at home and will get you and your family settled into your new home quickly.
Whether you are looking to send a small consignment to Paris or full house contents to the South of Spain, between us and our agents we have vehicles
travelling to popular European locations on a weekly basis.
Our European Removal service is offered either on a dedicated load or a part load basis.
- This service is where a trip to the continent is planned around your schedule and requirements. This is usually the case when moving your full house contents consequently filling up the majority of the space on the vehicle. With full/sole loads we are able to draw up and agree a schedule for collection and delivery well in advance of the removal day.
- This service provides the quickest route from A to B, and is commonly used when professionals are being relocated for business purposes or when families have decided to escape the UK and relocate to the continent.
- This service is where your goods will make up part of a larger load going to similar destinations or other destinations on route.
- A popular service for simple economical reasons. This is the cheapest way to get the goods delivered.
- The duration between collection and delivery will be greater (in comparison to dedicated loads) due to other planned collections / deliveries en route.
- Planning loading and unloading dates for part loads is not always possible at the point of quotation. This scheduling is carried out closer to the moving date, as the routes are planned.
- Collection and delivery dates will need to be flexible to take advantage of this type of service.
Whether moving to a rural or urban destination, it is important that
we consider access and parking for a large vehicle at your new property. The better the initial information that we are supplied with, the more accurate we can be when planning your relocation. When carrying out European work, the typical dimensions of vehicles used are:
|Rigid Truck||Similar to a double decker bus||12m (39ft)||4.15m (13 ft 6 inches)|
|Road Train||Similar to an articulated truck||16m (53ft)||4.15m (13 ft 6 inches)|
With clear concise information, we can plan means and ways of executing your relocation in situations where there is restricted access.
In these instances we may opt to tranship the goods, this is where the main vehicle will park in the closest possible location near to your property and unloading will be carried out by shuttling the goods using a smaller vehicle.
In other situations we may require the use of an external elevator due to internal staircases and lifts being too small to accept the goods. In these circumstances the goods can be delivered through the window or over a balcony.
It is advisable for clients who are looking at moving to Europe, to contact our office and arrange for an estimator to call on you at a mutually convenient time.
We provide free removal quotations within the Greater London, Surrey and Kent areas, giving you the chance to meet our representative and get a feel for how we operate. This survey allows us time to evaluate all of
your requirements and generate an accurate quotation.
We understand that it is not always possible for clients to be available for us to call on them. This is why we have the option for you to receive an Estimate simply by
completing our online inventory.
However we must bring to your attention that it is very difficult for removals to be
correctly gauged by submission of an online form internet or by phone. We advise that you be as accurate as you can when completing this inventory and only use this as a guide when budgeting or comparing prices.