Here at F Smith & Son, our priority is to offer a quality, reliable and personal service to all of our clients.There are many reasons why you may need extra storage, ranging from builders/decorators needing some furniture moved out to free up enough space to work, through to you just not having enough space in the property. Whatever the reason, we can store single items to whole house contents for a few days, months or indefinitely. If you are buying and selling, it can be difficult to combine the sale of your property and the purchase of a new property as this generally involves different parties within a chain who all have varied agendas. Today it is very common to store the contents of an entire house so as not to lose the sale of a property. This puts you in a good position as a purchaser due to the fact that you will be able to move very quickly and not depend on others below you in the chain. More importantly, it may give you better bargaining power when making an offer on a property. When considering using storage facilities, it is also important to consider how you are going to get the goods to the store and delivered to their end destination. Whilst providing clients with quotations for storage, we are able to offer removal quotations for moving the goods into and out of store (out of store charges depend on a final destination address being known, otherwise some assumptions may have to be made). We are able to offer a range of other services to complement our storage service. Please see our Local / National Removals and Packaging Materials pages for more information. Our warehouse is predominately made up of 250 cubic feet wooden storage containers, therefore storage charges are based on our estimation of how many containers are required. Please be aware that loose storage is available upon request. There are many benefits of using our storage and removal services when compared to self-storage depots, some of these benefits have been outlined below:
- The removal costs are cheaper as handling of the goods is reduced
- There is a reduced risk of damage to your possessions
- When moving into and out of a self-store, the goods are handled 4 times. (1) Out of the current property onto the vehicle, (2) Off of the vehicle into the store, (3) Out of the store onto the vehicle, (4) Off the vehicle into the new property
- With our storage service, your goods are only handled twice when moving into our store (1) Out of the current property, into the containers (2) Out of the containers, into the new property. The containers are forklifted onto and off the removal vehicle.
- All goods will be protected using our blankets whilst in store with us,
- In self-store, you will need to provide some additional materials to put in between items to keep them protected
- We will maintain continual liability of goods from collection through to delivery to OUR store (as per our Terms & Conditions)
- With self-store, you will need to take out additional insurance with the storage company or contact your own insurers to ensure they are covered
- Should you wish for us to deliver goods to a self-store we would release liability of the goods upon delivery into their unit. If damage was to occur at some point during the process of moving into and out of self-store, it will be difficult to prove who is liable for the damage
We at F Smith & Son have been trading for over 75 years, giving us the wealth of knowledge that is required for a successful and professional removals company. We have been refining our removal techniques through experience, training and the use of modern equipment to enable us to meet the high standards that we set.